James Henry Brooks and fellow sailors

Enquiries relating to individual men and women who served with HM Light Coastal Forces; help with interpreting service records, or with tracing former comrades
1958ab
Seaman

James Henry Brooks and fellow sailors

Postby 1958ab » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:04 pm

I have a photgraph taken about 1941 of my grandfather with a group of other ratings outside a wooden hut(training)?.All have signed the back of the photo,although some are unreadable.I can make out A.Stroud,A.West,H.Goswell,Dixie Dean,D.Haskins,J.Higgs,C.A.Grant,James White,R.Burnham.the following names are hard to make out J.B.Covington,Braton,V.Z.Collins,B.R.Jeagues,J.E.Balewin.
My grandfather served from Jan 1941-Dec 1945 with the 3rd ML Flotilla?and spent much of his service time in Malta.
I would be grateful for any information about my grandfather,his unit or those he served with.
Many Thanks Alan

Pioneer

Postby Pioneer » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:30 am

Still trying to contact Wallis Randall Alan, have not forgotten, will get back to you.
Regards

1958ab
Seaman

Postby 1958ab » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:39 am

No problem,this is an on going pet project of mine.I hope to see my grandmother this weekend,as more photos have come to light.
Regards

Pioneer

Re: James Henry Brooks and fellow sailors

Postby Pioneer » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:08 am

Hello again Alan
Wallis Randall still has not come back with an answer yet. (he was on ML's out of Malta at one time) but more importantly for you here - he has a complete List of former CFVA members, a 'trawl' through that may just turn up a few of the names. I have a copy of the final List but most of the earlier deceased members are omitted. I shall keep on 'pestering' him.
Meanwhile can you post up a couple of images here? - it may just jog a few memories of others.
Regards

Return to “Personnel”