Yes my grandfather Lt H F Cooper, was in the 24th Flotilla on MTB 85 (Lt P Hyslop), before joining 28th Flotilla on MTB 410 (Lt Woodhouse)
I believe you were on MTB 243 (Lt B Ward).
Do you know if the football team was just purely from the Navy, or was it a combined services team? I believe the game was against a Maltese team?
I have found all my grandfathers original books/notes (final drafts from 1993) which my mother spent many hours typing up for him. I believe copies of these, along with all his diaries, pictures, maps etc was given to the IWM.
1) History of the 7th Flotilla incorporating 8th Flotilla (1941 - 1945)
2) Combined Histories of the 10th, 15th and 27th MTB Flotillas (1940 to 1945)
3) History of the 20th Flotilla
4) History of the 24th Flotilla (which i think he sent you a copy)
5) History of the 28th Flotilla
I have had someone email me, who is trying to do some research on Commander Barron, are you able to though any light on him? Also, i know the 28th Flotilla was based in Malta, but was there another Flotilla under the command or Commander Barron based at Malta?