Vosper MTBs

Motor Torpedo Boats (MTB)
TGarthConnelly
Seaman

Vosper MTBs

Postby TGarthConnelly » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:31 pm

Hello All,

I hope that some of you in England can and, at the least, will be willing to assist me with something I'm working on. I'm in need of good quality photos of Vosper built MTBs from the Second World War. Whoever lends/gives me these will get full credit for the photos.

Additionally, I am in need of accounts of actions (or tasks) in which Vosper MTBs were used.

Do any of you think that you can help me? If you can? Please go to www.ptboatworld.com and click on the CONTACT US button to contact me.

Respectfully yours,

T. Garth Connelly

TGarthConnelly
Seaman

Re: Vosper MTBs

Postby TGarthConnelly » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:51 pm

Mr. Les Brown,

Please contact me straight away? Please? Thank you.

Garth
PTConsultingNHR@aol.com

CAM
Sub Lieutenant

Re: Vosper MTBs

Postby CAM » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:48 am

Here http://www.worldnavalships.com/forums/s ... 420&page=4 description of the battle of three British MTB six German E-boats at Cape Gris Nez, the MTB 70 while fighting them alone, although he was armed with only four 0.303 machine guns. But it is not specified when the battle took place. Do not help to set a date for this fight?

MTB 69, MTB 70 and MTB 72, in action with six German S Boats off Cap Griz Nez, France. MTB 70 ran up the line firing at each boat in turn. The six E Boats attacked MTB 70 which only had two engines fitted. One E Boat either side and four astern. MTB 70 struggled on for twenty minutes until the rising sun caused the E boats to break off. MTB 70 stops to assess damage which is slight and MTB 69 joins her and secures alongside. MTB 72 comes up quickly and passes close by with her guns trained on them. MTB 69 and MTB 70 had been mistaken as an E boat and MTB 72 had attacked but her guns had jammed. MTB 72 returns and joins at slow speed.

Return to “Motor Torpedo Boats”