Op Chariot MLs

Forum dedicated to the subject of scale modelling, with an opportunity for modellers to showcase something of their finely detailed work
RogerP
Chief Petty Officer

Op Chariot MLs

Postby RogerP » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:02 pm

Greetings all from a land 'downunder' :) ,

Firstly let me say I hope you all had a lovely Christmas with your Families and I hope 2010 is everything you wish it to be.

I have a request regarding the above -- Do any of you have or can point me towards information on the deck layout, especially weapons fit of the 15 MLs who actually went to St Nazaire? I know 16 set out, but ML 341 turned back with engine trouble. I have approached the St Nazaire Society some years ago with no response and I know James Dorrian, the author of the excellent book "Storming St Nazaire" and I also know John Lambert and I have contacted them both in the past. I am going to ask James to put me in touch with naval survivors.

This is all leading me towards eventually making models of the 18 participating ships. I have plenty of info/photo's on HMS Campbeltown, MGB 314 and MTB 74.

Thankyou,

Roger Pearson.
Bendigo, Australia.

"Roger's Little Ships"
Modelling Allied Light Coastal Forces 1914-1945.

Pioneer

Re: Op Chariot MLs

Postby Pioneer » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:45 pm

This YouTube series has come to light. In 5 parts, it tells the story of the raid on St Nazaire. (Do not 'click' 'View All Parts" when advised, they are here.)

RogerP
Chief Petty Officer

Re: Op Chariot MLs

Postby RogerP » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:38 am

Thanks 'Pioneer' :D

This footage is very good, I have seen it previously but on having a closer look one segment does show quite clearly where the extra fuel tanks were fitted. I'm glad I had another look. :roll:

Cheers,

Roger Pearson.
Bendigo, Australia.

"Roger's Little Ships"
Modelling Allied Light Coastal Forces 1914-1945.

Return to “Coastal Forces Models”