Len Reynolds

General feedback or comments related to the forum
kenjoyce
Able Seaman

Len Reynolds

Postby kenjoyce » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:54 pm

When I was editing a Newsletter for Burma Star Association in Australia I wanted to include an article about an action when four MLs sank three Japanese boats on the Irrawaddy River just north of Yandoon on 20th May 1945. I had a good memory of the action but had never seen any official reports or mentions of it. I was delighted to hear from Len who wrote on 21st August 1992 to say that the Admiralty had given him a list of Coastal Forces actions that he needed for the book he was writing and the very last action recorded was the Yandoon action. The information from the Admiralty was as follows:- "20th May 1945, East Indies Station. MLs 202,599,182 and 269 Irrawaddy River - during search patrol sank three Jap light craft lying up, killing over twenty Japanese. Reference M 07304" It seems that as the War in Europe was now over this action in Burma was the last involving Coastal Forces, 269 was hit by mortar fire but suffered only one casualty, AB Ronnie Clare who was wounded.
Ken Joyce, ML 269

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Len Reynolds

Postby Admin » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:09 pm

Hello Ken

Thank you for your recollection. I'll make a note of it and see if I can find anything else on it, in the old CFVA newsletters.

Regards
Admin

Return to “Forum & Web Site Feedback”