Casualties

General feedback or comments related to the forum
johnk
Chief Petty Officer

Casualties

Postby johnk » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:42 pm

Hello there,

I was just wondering, casualties unfortunately continue into October, last I see all listed on one vessel, aware of course that the far East campaign continued into August, forgive if seeming ignorant, but were those at least on one vessel, due to accident or mines or some such, people of course would have had accidents individually and on occasion, natural causes but I just wanted to ask re same on one vessel...many thanks,

Johnk

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Casualties

Postby Admin » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:43 am

Hello John

Can you recall which boat you saw the casualties for? The daily casualty list shows casualties for Coastal Forces on that date for any of the years in which there were casualties, which is basically 1940 through to the 1947 or 1948. We will soon be adding the facilty to view all casualties in all years for a month.

Usually, if there are a large number of casualties for the same boat it tends to indicate a boat lost either in a gun battle or hitting a mine.

Regards
Admin

johnk
Chief Petty Officer

Re: Casualties

Postby johnk » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:05 pm

Hi there,

Ah, many thanks, sorry yes it was me being a bit...the casualties I thought were running through to as I say, end of the war, but clearly mis-understood, and casualties as per the post of the resume, were for this month in the war, of which of course there would have been many through out...yes think I have got it! will leave there,

Johnk

Return to “Forum & Web Site Feedback”