Web Site

General feedback or comments related to the forum
johnk
Chief Petty Officer

Web Site

Postby johnk » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:24 pm

Hi there,

Hope right place to post, feel free to move! just had e-mail from Ted, and logged on, fantastic, a great re-vamp of the site, my congratulations to Kevin on a great job, along with all the existing great resource, the preserved vessels section is great, said before of course it is the people and their service that it is all about, but the vessels help I think, to keep this fact in mind. All the best,

Johnk

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Web Site

Postby Admin » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:48 pm

Thanks John, glad you appreciate the changes which will allow for better management of additional content in future. I'm just moving this post to Forum Feedback, and added Web Site to the title.

Regards
Admin

johnk
Chief Petty Officer

Postby johnk » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:10 pm

Hi there,

Just wanted to comment on great home page photo of six Fairmile D's moored outside what I presume is one of the U-boat pens....many thanks,

Johnk

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:00 pm

Hi John

This one of a set four from the National Museum of the US Navy collection on Flickr showing Dog Boats of the 66th at Le Havre engaged in minesweeping work using depth charges at speed. Use the right hand arrow to see the others.

Admin

johnk
Chief Petty Officer

Postby johnk » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:12 pm

Hi there,

Very many thanks, ah Le Havre base, and using depth charges to clear mines using D boats! never heard of that before, but guess a post war or just method, before reserved for destroying the U-boats out of those very pens....thanks again,

Johnk

RogerP
Chief Petty Officer

Postby RogerP » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:12 am

The posts by 'kkk' are very obviously spam and need to be deleted ASAP.

Pioneer

Postby Pioneer » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:16 pm

Yes Roger, thanks for the heads up - 'tis done.
We have been the target for several attacks recently but our webmaster is on top of it and has beefed up the Forum's security.
Regards

Return to “Forum & Web Site Feedback”