BPB Co. MASB 27

Discussions relating to actions or operations, including combined operations, involving Coastal Forces boats or flotillas
Owen
Seaman

BPB Co. MASB 27

Postby Owen » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi chaps,

This is my first post, hope you can help me.

I'm looking for any wartime information regarding 63' BPB Co. MASB 27. Anything from photos to personnel to her involvement in operations/action/rescue. Also, any original parts from these vessels would be of particular interest.

The only bits of information I have found so far are her commisioning as a MASB and then her passing over for ASR duties (Navy, not RAF I believe?).

National archives seem to believe that Navy vessels from circa 1941 onwards did not keep service records?

Regards,

Owen Childs

Owen
Seaman

Re: BPB Co. MASB 27

Postby Owen » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:34 pm

I'm now being sent a photograph of her during disposal which apparently shows her configured as a gun boat. I am told that she is possibly one of the 6 that were converted. I have also been in touch with a gentleman who served on MASB 36 who has sent me various bits of information and layout drawings particular to his boat.

I'm still searching for information on no. 27 if anyone has any/knows someone that has...

Cheers chaps,

Owen

cdsc123
Sub Lieutenant

Postby cdsc123 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:57 pm

Hi Owen

Did the bmpt still have any fittings off HSL 142?

Regards, Christian.

Owen
Seaman

Postby Owen » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi Christian,

Nope they've got nothing left, but there are a few other wrecks dotted round the country that would make useful donors

Cheers,

Owen

Return to “Actions & Operations”