Hello, I would like make a list names of the crews who served during the Bruneval Raid on the night of 27/28 February 1942. It's difficult to find informations about the RN during this operation. Unless I'm mistaken, the RN boats that involved are (with names that I know):
- HMS Prins Albert : Henry B. PEATE.
- HMS Blencathra L 24 : John H. RUCKE-KEENE.
- HMS Fernie L 11 : William B. WILLETT.
- Q O13 Calais (ship of the Free French Navy FNFL served by British on this night) : Robert B.G. EGERTON.
- 14th MGB Flotilla : William G. EVERITT.
• MGB 312 : Peter DAWKINS, Robert H. NYE.
• MGB 315
• MGB 316 : T.M. CARTWRIGHT, George PIKE.
• MGB 317 : Kenneth HOLDEN, John H. COSTE, William KEMPNER.
• MGB 326 : Alasdair M. WATSON, Dugald McFARLANE, Robert DAWSON, G.S. BRUNDELL, Francis D. RUSSELL-ROBERTS.
- ALC 123
- ALC 125
- ALC 134
- ALC 135
- ALC 137
- ALC 138
- LSC 1 : George H. GARRARD.
- LSC 2 : Charles W.J. COLES, Frederick N. COOK (CO of the flottilla).
- RESERVE :
• HMS Prince Leopold : William S. BYLES.
• MGB 314 : DUNSTAN-CURTIS
• MGB 318
• MGB 320
• MGB 322
• MGB 324
I have some others names mentioned in the Bruneval raid, but I don't know their boat: John T. BLAND, William D. BURNS, George WOTHERSPOON, Royston HENSON, Bernard BARRY, Donald G. MacKENZIE, Charles W. HURST, Robert STEWART, Donald J. QUICK, Peter R. MacKINNON, Ronald J.F. TURNER.
Don't hesitate to complete (or correct) this list if you know other names. Please, if your relative involved during the raid, contact me. My project is to present the story of the men who fought during Op. 'Biting' by air, land or sea. My research are present during expositions. See photos of the last editions:
- www.facebook.com/pg/pegasusrises.1942/p ... 7951216714
- www.facebook.com/pg/pegasusrises.1942/p ... 8742921631
Some sailors' faces without names photographied during the training of the Raid or after the return in England. To clarify, I'm not familiar with the navy ranks. Maybe you can recognize some faces?