Combined Operation Training HMS Arbella

Discussions relating to the day-to-day running of Light Coastal Forces; shore establishments and mobile bases; command structure; strategy and tactics; training and logistics etc
Project Arbella
Seaman

Combined Operation Training HMS Arbella

Postby Project Arbella » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:45 am

Looking for information incl photographs, plans, personnel, maps etc for HMS Arbella which was the Combined Ops Training establishment at the old St Johns Workhouse, next to the Dock at Boston, Lincolnshire. Also hosted 1109 RAF ASR MCU (parent unit RAF Coningsby) and their flotilla...we plan to establish a Boston Maritime Museum and our first donation is RAF ASR Launch 43 foot ST362 1941 BPB Co Hythe built...Any help and advice or local (Lincolnshire) Volunteers very welcome....Vessel to be restored as Static Display because of her current condition...https://www.facebook.com/11110463556498 ... 8635630573 .

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Combined Operation Training HMS Arbella

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:26 pm

Hello

I don't hold any information on this topic but as the former British Power Boat Trust restored some RAF boats, and also collated a deal of information which I believe they handed over to the Portsmouth Naval Boatyard Trust, on handing over ownership of those boats they used to maintain, which included HSL 102, that could be a place to look, apart from the IWM and the PRO. There used to be a site dedicated to all the ASR boats if I can find the link.

Admin

Return to “General Organisation”