3rd/25th ML Flotillas

Motor Launches (ML), Harbour Defence Motor Launches (HDML) & Rescue Motor Launches (RML)
David
Seaman

3rd/25th ML Flotillas

Postby David » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:59 pm

My father commanded ML338 which was initially attached to the 25th ML Flotilla and subsequently the 3rd. During his 3 years in the Mediterranean he took part in 6 invasions and exchanged nearly 150 letters with my mother. I have written a book, which includes all 143 letters and also explores his movements in the context of the progress of the war. I believe the book may be of interest to a number of subscribers of the Coastal Forces website but I am unable to publish owing to a number of copyright issues.
I wondered whether anyone was able to put me in touch with a copyright expert.

David Carter
Sub Lieutenant

Re: 3rd/25th ML Flotillas

Postby David Carter » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:55 pm

David

Thank you for this enquiry. I do not know the answer to the copyright issues, but if it is your own work - albeit copying letters from your father - I would not have thought any objection. Some of the pictures we have used on this site are from IWM, from whom we sought permission and credited them.

If you have a copy of the book, I would be interested in seeing it. I also have photos taken during the invsions in the Mediterranean, some private, others IWM.

David
Seaman

Re: 3rd/25th ML Flotillas

Postby David » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:06 pm

David
Many thanks for the interest you have shown. I have produced a 1st Edition copy of my book (for use by family and friends only) which is not for sale as there are a number of copyright issues. I would like to publish the book in the form of a 2nd Edition because I think it would be of interest to people such as you and also I may get some feedback that would help me produce a more comprehensive 3rd Edition.
Some of the copyright issues are obvious and I could delete them without compromising the integrity of my book. Other issues are not clear cut and I need some advice to put my mind at rest.
I would be happy to lend you a copy of my 1st Edition on the basis that you would not put it in the public domain. If you were able to add information and pictures that you think I might add to a 2nd Edition that would be most welcome. I live in the Portsmouth area and, if you are within a reasonable distance, I could drop round and deliver you a copy and have a chat.
Perhaps you would like to contact me on david.bickerton1@ntlworld.com
Regards
David

Return to “Motor Launches”