ML 446

Motor Launches (ML), Harbour Defence Motor Launches (HDML) & Rescue Motor Launches (RML)
RogerFentem
Seaman

ML 446

Postby RogerFentem » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:01 am

ML446 was built by my grandfather. The only operation she took a part in was Chariot. Her fate was to be scuttled by one of the Hunt class frigates charged with ensuring the safety of that brave flotilla. I am trying to compile a history of each of the MLs, MGBs, and MTBs grandfather built. Sadly I cannot find any photo of ML446. My plea is to the cfv community for anyone with a photo or knowledge of where I can get one.
Thank you, Roger
Last edited by Admin on Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adjusted title for clarity

Admin
Site Admin

Re: ML 446

Postby Admin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:24 am

Hello Roger

Thank you for your enquiry. I have checked my own resources and also Allied Coastal Forces: Volume 1: Fairmile Designs by John Lambert but have had no luck with this particular launch, though someone else may be in a position to contribute.

Just out of interest the Imperial War Museum (IWM) has a sound recording of Thomas O'Leary who served as telegraphist aboard ML 446 during St Nazaire Raid.

Regards
Admin

RogerFentem
Seaman

Re: ML 446

Postby RogerFentem » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:58 pm

Thank you so much for the link to the oral history. I did not know about the Appeldore link nor the brush with an E-boat. I look forward to others who may have a link to a photo.

Return to “Motor Launches”