Allied Coastal Forces of WWII: Volume 1

Books, magazine articles, or other text-based material related to the subject of Coastal Forces
Colin Smith
Seaman

Allied Coastal Forces of WWII: Volume 1

Postby Colin Smith » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:42 pm

Not sure if this may be of use/interest to anyone here !!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... CA:GB:1123

Colin
Last edited by Admin on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed subject to use title case instead of all caps

Halfordresearch
Seaman

Re: Allied Coastal Forces of WWII: Volume 1

Postby Halfordresearch » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:59 pm

Not exactly volume 1 but does anyone have news on volume 3 ? I am researching British Power Boats and volume 3 would be ideal. However, having scoured the internet I haven't found any reference to this volume except to say that it was started in 2002 and would've taken 12 to 18 months to complete for publishing. Did this volume get published?
Rolf Hippman

Pioneer

Postby Pioneer » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:21 pm

Volume 3 has never been published. John Lambert, one of the two authors of the series, has confirmed that this volume, though completed in draft form, has been put 'on hold' for the foreseeable future. Hopefully, it will eventually see the light of day; in my opinion it would surely have been a great finale to the series.

Halfordresearch
Seaman

Postby Halfordresearch » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:36 pm

Pioneer
Many thanks for your reply. I thought I was missing something. For the little I have been exposed to in my research (so far) volume 3 would, indeed, be very valuable. It seems Vospers and Fairemile boats are very decently covered in literature and on the internet but BPBs not so much.
Rolf Hippman

Halfordresearch
Seaman

Postby Halfordresearch » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:24 pm

All
Ref Volumes 1 and 2, you may already have discovered this on the internet but these volumes are very, very expensive in Canada, where I live, and nearly so in the UK but second hand copies are available from the US at reasonable prices. It's definitely worth shopping around. Even if the shipping costs from the US might be great, the overall cost may be worth it. I recently bought Vol 1 (used) for U$S30 and Vol 2 (used) for US$40, both from US second hand bookshops via Barnes and Noble.com and Amazon.com.
Rolf Hippman

Pioneer

Postby Pioneer » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:14 am

Not exactly volume 1 but does anyone have news on volume 3 ? I am researching British Power Boats and volume 3 would be ideal.
Not exactly a book! but you may find that this website could assist you with your research? http://www.yalumba.co.uk/Framesets/Brit ... t%20Co.htm

Halfordresearch
Seaman

Postby Halfordresearch » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:26 am

Thanks Pioneer, it helps. Shame about Vol 3 though.
Rolf

Return to “Books & Magazines”