A big thank you!

General feedback or comments related to the forum
retr
Petty Officer

A big thank you!

Postby retr » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:27 am

Hi to all,

I just wanted to commend the work that is being done on this website!

I began my quest in January 2012 to research my late father's Naval History and as I knew very little began by "googling" and slowly the pages unfolded. I have been particularly touched by people's willingness to help and support, this has meant a lot as nobody in the family had much knowledge, just a few (slightly enhanced) stories.

I also felt that as a woman, I may be dipping my toe into something out of my league but am glad say this website has never made me feel that way. Long before my Dad's service record came from Swadlincote, I was getting advise, information and support with everyone understanding the plight, as many were doing it themselves, this helped a lot.

I have found out the identity of some of Dad's shipmates and learn that some are still with us, seen photo's of other crew, seen actual pictures of boats he served on and the guns he manned, learned of the places he went, the actions he saw, where to obtain further documented information.......the list goes on!

I feel I now understand a lot more about how brave he and all of his shipmates were and I am extremely proud, he was and still is my hero! AB Joseph Vaughan D.S.M

Many personal thanks to:
Kevin Costello
Eddie
Pioneer
Pat
Anthony Smorthit
Jonco
Brian Holmes
Croatian Navy (Jurica)
I couldn't have done it without you!

Apologies for any names missed, and I am still continuing with my research so any new information which may come to light will be included. I wish others who research their family members a fruitful find.

Kind Regards
Rita Moylan

jonco
Chief Petty Officer

Re: A big thank you!

Postby jonco » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:45 pm

Well done - well said - you are most welcome.

Croatian Navy
Petty Officer

Re: A big thank you!

Postby Croatian Navy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:13 pm

Thank You Rita for all done to me and to all us.
I would also like to tahnks to anybody else who help me on this forum.

Return to “Forum & Web Site Feedback”