Brightlingsea

Motor Torpedo Boats (MTB)
jpfoynes
Seaman

Brightlingsea

Postby jpfoynes » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:53 pm

I wrote a number of naval history books several years ago which relate to Coastal Forces on the East Coast.
I am planning to revise these, and am also helping a local museum build up their collection of wartime naval photos etc.

I'd be very interested to hear from anyone whose father, brother etc joined a newly-built MTB, MGB or ML at Brightlingsea, Essex. About 1 in 3 CF boats was crewed, equipped and commissioned there, before joining her flotilla. Others repaired or refitted there. Though their stay tended to be brief, I've found that sometimes crew members took photos or even married local girls.

What would be ideal would be a photo of a crewman on board his boat, with a B'sea shipyard in the background.
For my bona fides, and examples of such photos, see the excellent website by the son of Lt Roderick Timms RNVR, with my own contributions--also my publications in IWM Collections, British Library Catalogue, on Amazon etc.
In return for getting sight of such material, I might be able to pass on info about the particular boat picked up from my interviews with veterans 30 years ago.

Many thanks.
Last edited by Admin on Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added link

Return to “Motor Torpedo Boats”